Thursday, September 30, 2004

"Adjectives On The Typewriter"

It's a good thing I took a nap this afternoon during my break--none of the other employees scheduled to be in tonight are here. Admittedly, one of them is a girl who quit last week and the other is a guy who was here when I arrived, but who has since left because he has to get ready to go to New York (he went to New York not two weeks ago, I swear. Apparently his friends live there and he's going to see them again). Anyway, I'm the only employee here, and we have three students all working on papers that are due tomorrow.

The bastard in me says I should just let these kids suffer the consequences of waiting until the night before. But I'm way too damn nice, so that probably won't be the case.

Anyway, tomorrow is finally payday, and not a day too soon. I also have to pay rent/tuition tomorrow, and I'm really not looking forward to that at all. On the other hand, I can go find myself a new CD to ease the pain of a weekend at home.

Yeah, home. I'm going to visit the folks Friday and Saturday. Of course, they won't be there for most of Saturday, but that's their problem, not mine. Maybe it means I'll get chewed out less. Also probably means I'll go visit my grandparents up the street and see if I can convince my grandmother to take me out to lunch (shouldn't take much--just showing up around lunchtime usually does the trick).

Scratch my earlier statement about the number of students--now there are four. I swear, turn your back to the door for a minute, and they slip in on ya. Eesh. Oh well, back to the grind.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Cake, "Long Line of Cars"

No comments: