Wednesday, September 15, 2004

"The Sign Says You Have To Have A Membership Card To Get Inside"

Wednesday morning finds my foot all but normal, with but a twinge of the pain I was experiencing Monday or even yesterday. I'm still not up for jogging and I have to watch how I walk, and extended time on my feet causes my foot to ache considerably, but it's tolerable now and not preventing me from moving about.

I was talking with Amanda E. last night on Messenger, and it occurred to both of us just how much we miss one another. I just miss having her around, even if I spent most of the year we were really in each other's company a lot moping and being all depressive and stuff. But if nothing else, I'll get to see her in a month, so I'll just have to survive until then.

Of course, before that happens, I really want to lose some weight. I've let myself get rather lax over the past year or so, to the point that running a mile would probably be a difficult activity for me (once upon a time, I thought nothing of running three miles at a shot with Clif). As soon as my foot has healed, I'm starting my running again. I may not be able to go far yet, but I'll work on it and get my distance back up eventually. Besides, if I don't lose some weight before the middle of next month, I won't have anything to wear to the wedding I'm attending, and somehow I think it would be inappropriate to attend in the nude.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Band, "Stage Fright"

No comments: