Tuesday, September 07, 2004

"Another Villain On The Cover Of Every Major Magazine"

I have another short story in progress, this one focusing on a less-than-stellar supervillain. I think it'll be a fun little twist on the superhero story...one that's probably already been done, but hey, that's alright. It'll still be fun to write. I've run what I've got so far against resident comics expert and short story guy Dav, and he seems to like it, so I'm gonna keep working on the story.

I've got about half of my Medieval Italy notes copied down into my notebook now. I should be able to get the other half done tomorrow no problem.

Had a bit of an annoyance with the car this weekend. When Dad and I got back from the Dylan concert Friday night, I found a little metal thing lying on the ground next to my front tire. I thought nothing of it and went inside and to bed. When I got up the next day, I noticed there was a piece missing off my wheel--sure enough, the metal piece lying next to the tire was the missing piece. I showed it to Dad later that day, and he said it was the weight used in balancing the tires. Apparently when Wal-Mart balanced my tires the other day, they didn't get this piece on all the way. I'm just lucky it didn't come off while I was on the highway, or I'd have never found it. I'm taking the car in tomorrow (hopefully) to get this taken care of--Dad says it's not good for that thing to be off the wheel, 'cause it could throw my wheel out of balance and wear on the tire faster, which is bad.

My computer room is exceptionally warm tonight, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's in the mid-60s outside, I have the AC running...sure, the fan in this room has died (and won't start back up...need to take it to my grandfather again and have him give it the once-over), but it shouldn't be this warm in here. I think it's something about my lamp--that damn thing puts out a lot of heat. But it shouldn't be causing me to sweat, y'know? Stupid warmth. I'm ready for winter, when I'll almost be able to see my breath in the apartment.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Verve Pipe, "Villains"

No comments: