Wednesday, September 08, 2004

"Something In The Way She Moves"

So I was putzin' around the internet earlier today before work, and I was on the Bob Dylan website. Anyway, I was scrolling through a list of streamed audio they have of recent songs he's done (like in concert or whatever), and I see one of them is called "Something." Anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of classic rock knows this is the title of one of George Harrison's best Beatles-era songs. Sure enough, information on the song reveals it is, in fact, George Harrison's "Something"...sung by Dylan at a concert in November of 2002. So I listened to it, and the song just blew me away. "Something" has always been a rather touching song--in the right hands, it's a touching, emotional ballad that can melt the ice around anyone's heart. In Dylan's hands, it was magnificent--his rough voice gave it just enough ragged edges and emotional honesty to really bring out the feeling in the lyrics, and the instrumentation flowed just as smoothly and seductively as the Beatles original.

Just thought I'd share that with everyone. It's worth a listen, really.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Something"

No comments: