Wednesday, September 15, 2004

"Everlasting Summer Filled With Ill Content"

Well, here we are halfway through the week, and we still haven't seen hide or hair of ESPN. They were supposed to be stumping around here all week, but maybe they decided they didn't care so much about the academics of the student-athletes as they did the practices and whatnot.

In any case, it's been relatively quiet here at work today. Being able to walk normally (or near normally) has been a wonderful change of pace (no pun intended), and I'll be glad when all the pain is gone from my foot. I'm thinking by Friday, I should be able to dance a jig...assuming I learn how to dance a jig between now and then. In any case, pain in my foot won't prohibit me from dancing a jig, at least.

Was waiting for the elevator this morning so I could get up to class (didn't feel like subjecting my foot to two flights of stairs...just because it's feeling better doesn't mean I want to push things too much), and some random professor happened by and noted my earphones. He asked me what I was listening to, and my reply was "The Band" ('cause that's what it was). He seemed surprised that I was listening to something from his generation (as he put it), and proceeded to chat with me about music for the ride up the elevator to the third floor. It sometimes surprises me (even still) that I seem to know more about the music of the '60s and '70s than the people who were listening to it at the time. Strange.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Band, "Up on Cripple Creek"

No comments: