Thursday, September 02, 2004

"I Want To Be Your Kingpin"

I'm currently trying to expand one of my coworker's literary horizons by forcing her to read one of my short stories. She apparently reads mostly romance novels (ugh), so I decided I needed to introduce her to something a little deeper and more meaningful.

Which leads me to wonder why I'm having her read something I wrote, but ah well.

They're having a football game in the stadium tonight. Norman High School vs. Norman North High School. Made it a pain in the butt to get into work, and I decided to haul the bicycle up the stairs into the Writing Center along with me so that I didn't have to worry about high school punks tearing it up or anything. Am I overly-worried and a shade distrusting of today's youth? Bet your ass I am. I don't want to have to pay to get my brother's bike fixed.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Barenaked Ladies, "Aluminum"

No comments: