Wednesday, September 22, 2004

"My Pop Quiz Kid"

I'm sitting at work right now, and I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon. I'm on the schedule to be here until 6.00 tonight, which is a really long day. And this is just the beginning--my boss is reworking our schedule right now, and it looks like she's got me scheduled for about 50 hours per week...which is great, except that it's gonna kill me and, technically, I'm not allowed to work that much (we're not allowed to work more than about 35 hours per week, because otherwise the university has to give us benefits and stuff, and that's expensive). What will probably happen is that we'll just roll over hours past a certain point (around 35 or so hours per week) and save them up for when I'm not working as much (weeks where we have days off, the month of December, etc.). If this works out, I could be getting paychecks from the university until the end of next year.

I'm tired. Going to the movie last night was fun, but five hours of sleep isn't nearly enough to suit me. With my new schedule, my boss is guaranteeing that I either (1) go to bed early every night or (2) die.

The upshot of being tired is that at least I'll be able to afford stuff to keep me alive. I guess. Money's no good if I don't live long enough to spend it or I'm too tired to spend it.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Pearl Jam, "Yellow Ledbetter"

No comments: