Sunday, September 19, 2004

"She Was Above Reproach In Every Way"

I was able to make it up to Yukon to catch my uncle's band again last night. I was even able to dance a few times, though I've paid for it with some pain from my foot since. The show was good, and they spent more time playing rock than country and bluegrass (which, while I have nothing against good country and bluegrass--which is what they play--I prefer rock, both because it's my weapon of choice and because it gives my uncle a chance to really tear up on the guitar).

Got an email from Rana, an old college friend, last night. I was surprised and happy, to say the least. I hadn't heard from her in several months, and was starting to kinda worry that she'd fallen off the face of the planet. But she is alive and well, and still very much who she's always been, which is good. She's one of the sweetest people I've ever known, and a real hoot to chat with (God, I just used the term "hoot," didn't I?).

After the show last night, I made a little stop at Wal-Mart to get a few needeful things and cruise through electronics (you never know what you'll find). Anyway, picked up the Old 97's latest offerring, Drag It Up. Have to say that so far, I really like it. I don't think it's as good as Too Far to Care, the other Old 97's album I have, but that's a hard CD to beat, really. It's country rock more than alt-country, but that's fine by me.

Wrote a new song this afternoon. It's posted over at the Live Journal, so feel free to go check it out and let me know what you think.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Old 97's, "Won't be Home"

No comments: