Monday, September 06, 2004

"Fly From Heaven To This World Again"

Whilst perusing the Official Glen Phillips Site, I noticed an annoucement--they're releasing a live Toad the Wet Sprocket album. To say that I'm gleeful and happy is to understate the case. Toad's been one of my favorite bands since high school (thanks entirely to Wendy Flora), and I've really enjoyed the solo stuff that Glen and Lapdog (made up of two other members of Toad) have done since, but I've always wanted a live experience. Wendy got to go see them when they did a little reunion tour last year, and she's seen Glen live two or three times (most recently last month, when he was doing a few gigs with Nickel Creek for Mutual Admiration Society, which I've already gushed about here), but I've never had the opportunity. This still won't be getting to see them live, but it's a good proxy, I'm sure. The album is slated for release early next month; it'll be internet-exclusive for awhile according to Glen's site, but I don't know if that preceeds the October 5th release date, or starts on that date. Time will tell. I will definitely be getting this CD. Definitely.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Toad the Wet Sprocket, "Fall Down"

No comments: