Saturday, September 25, 2004

"Meet The New Boss, Same As The Old Boss"

Hung out with Ev and Co. all evening. We watched the second part of the Campbell Interview (the one we started back in the summer), which was neat and very thought-provoking. Then we just sat around for a couple of hours shooting the proverbial bull, chatting about this and that, and convincing one of Ev's good friends (nicknamed Critter) that he should ask out the girl who'd been watching Campbell with us (she'd already left by this time). I think we convinced him to go for it, mostly by me saying that if he didn't ask her out, I would. It's amazing how useful a little competition can be.

Admittedly, she is a girl I wouldn't mind asking out for my own sake anyway, but, well, [insert generic pre-fab excuse here]. Anyway, I'm not too concerned about it. A girlfriend would be nice, but at this point, anyone whom I'd see on a regular basis (romantically or otherwise) would be nice. I'm tired of the rut of work/class/sleep I'm in. I feel exhausted 90% of my waking hours, and I'm too busy the other 10% to do very much.

My foot's started hurting again. Starting tomorrow, I'm drinking nothing but water and juice for about a week or so. I also plan on running tomorrow, though with the gout starting to act up again, that may not happen. I swear, not being able to run annoys me more than just about anything else right now. I want to run, I want to get back into shape and lose weight, but my schedule, foot, and personal inclination aren't allowing for it. It's as though I'm conspiring against myself to prevent me from being who and what I want to be (God, that statement right there really explains me and my life all too well).

Anyway, tomorrow (well, later today) you can expect a review of the Old 97's Fight Songs, and who knows what else. Maybe some cheese. Everyone likes cheese, right?

~chuck

Song of the Moment: XTC, "Seagulls Screaming Kiss Her, Kiss Her"

No comments: