Sunday, September 12, 2004

"Who Killed Davey Moore?"

So my dad wants me to burn copies of a bunch of CDs I have. He also asked me to put together a compilation of Bob Dylan stuff, but the trick was he only wanted Dylan's best solo acoustic stuff.

Well, I sat down this morning to work on that list, and here's what I've got. It's subject to change, but I think I hit all the true highlights:

1. The Lonesome Death of Hattie Carroll
2. Girl from the North Country
3. All I Really Want to Do
4. It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
5. Masters of War
6. Don't Think Twice, It's Alright
7. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
8. Blowin' in the Wind
9. Only a Pawn in Their Game
10. The Times They are A-Changin'
11. My Back Pages
12. It Ain't Me Babe
13. Seven Curses
14. Talkin' John Birch Paranoid Blues
15. Let Me Die in my Footsteps
16. Who Killed Davey Moore?
17. Subterranean Homesick Blues (acoustic version from Bootleg Series, Vol. 2)

I think it's a pretty good set. I'm going to run it by dad before I burn the CD, though, 'cause I'd hate to make it and then him not like it.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "My Back Pages"

No comments: