Tuesday, September 28, 2004

"St. Robinson In His Cadillac Dream"

It's another of those long days today. Instead of a two hour break like I had yesterday, I'm scheduled for a one hour break at 5.00. But I talked with Everett, and he's gonna hold down the fort for me until 7.00, which'll give me at least a couple of hours to rest and recover.

Finally did some laundry last night (this was very needful--I was down to my last clean pair of underwear and no clean socks). I'm hoping I can drag whatever else out until this Friday, when I go home, since I can do laundry for free there.

Going home this weekend is really kind of a strange thing. I really need to, because I need to get my new car tag sticker and do laundry. But at the same time, my folks are going to be gone for most of the time I'm there (there's an OSU home game Saturday around midday, so they'll be going to that). I'll probably just go up to my grandparents' house for most of the day Saturday before making the trek back to Norman Saturday evening (any earlier, and I'd have to deal with the football crowd--which means I wouldn't be able to get into my apartment).

Oh, the guy who draws Eternal Venture (as well as a great comic for the Opinion Page at the OU Daily) is probably going to start doing a daily strip for the school paper. He asked me why I hadn't tried to do something like that, but my comic and school obligations are already heavy enough, and I'm not sure I have enough funny in me to do that many comics per week (we'd be talking about nine comics per week--three Crooked Halo, one Opinion Page, and five others) on top of any random Keenspace Forum stuff or doodles. But yeah, it'll be neat to see what he does with it.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "Dash-7"

No comments: