Monday, September 27, 2004

"Help Me Pick Up The Change"

Lord, there's still another hour to go before I get to leave work. It's been pretty quiet most of the evening, but damn if I don't want to go home. I haven't eaten since early this afternoon (before 1.00 pm), so I'm starting to kinda feel that. On top of that, I really need to go to Wal-Mart to pick up some odds and ends (a new tube of toothpaste would be useful, while I'm thinking about it). That's dangerous--me going to Wal-Mart while hungry. I end up coming home with a bunch of stuff I really don't need.

At least it'll be stuff that tastes good, though.

One of the things that really bothers me about my current work schedule is that there really aren't that many opportunities for running or for cooking real meals. Admittedly, I haven't been real good about either even with the spare time I had, but that's hardly the point. It's the fact that, had I wanted to, I could have, but now I really won't be able to. I'm going to try to run and fix real food more often anyway, but I'm also going to be realistic and recognize the fact that there's a good chance I'll fail more often than not.

There's been a steady succession of folks needing to use the copy machine this evening. The amusing thing about it is that they'll stand there for a minute or two, trying to figure out how to use the thing (you have to type in a security code to use the machine). They'll stare at it for a bit, then finally break down and admit they don't know how to work it. Seeing the look of confusion in their eyes and the borderline humility of having to ask for help really makes my day.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "Passenger Side"

No comments: