Friday, September 10, 2004

"And I Deserve A Little More"

Just got back from Wal-Mart. Last week, they changed my oil and rotated & balanced my tires. Sometime along the way, they messed up these little weights that go on all the tires that're designed to keep the wheels balanced and to aid in the rotation process. Somehow, Wal-Mart managed to screw up when they were doing all this, and the weights on both of my front tires came off (I only ever found one of the weights). So I took my car back in today and explained the situation. The guy who was taking care of all the paperwork for car service goes off to talk to his supervisor, comes back, and informs me that yeah, they can fix that (to which I wanted to reply, "You're damn right you can fix it, since you're the ones who screwed it up in the first place"). Anyway, they got me taken care of, didn't charge me (as well they should not have--like I said, this was their mistake, not mine), and all is well once more.

I'm starting to feel better, finally. I propped my head up on two pillows last night instead of one as per usual, and the benefit was tremendous. I was able to breathe all night, I actually got some sleep (unlike the previous night), and I feel a hell of a lot better now. I'm still not anywhere near 100%, and I still can't go jogging, which is annoying. The last time I got to jog was Monday, when I vowed that I'd jog everyday this week (we can see how well that worked out).

We had a going-away party for one of my coworkers this afternoon. She was genuinely flattered by the gesture, and we're sad to see her go, even if she is heading off for a job that's more in line with what she wants to do with her life. It's nice to get the chance to show someone how much you appreciate them as both an employee and a person.

Probably going over to my aunt and uncle's place tonight for awhile just for something to do. There'll be music and food, two things I never shy away from if I can help it. Speaking of music, apparently Ben Folds and Leon Russell will be in Norman at the Lloyd Noble Center next month. Tickets are only $20, which is a damn fine price for those two. I think I may try to go.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "We're Just Friends"

No comments: