Tuesday, July 06, 2004

"You Stop, You Blink And You're Blue"

I'm having internet issues. No, not issues with the internet not working--thankfully, the network is behaving quite well, and I have no problem with basic access.

No, the problem is something I cannot understand. Two problems, really. The first is that every so often, when I'm trying to load a page (even one out of my favorites), I get redirected to this page labelled "PerfectNav." When I go to a different page or try to access the page I was originally going to again, it sends a couple of pop-ups, and often just redirects me to the PerfectNav page again. I've run Ad Aware, and couldn't pick anything up, so I'm buggered if I know what's causing it.

The second problem may or may not be related, though I'm inclined to believe it's unrelated because this was happening long before the PerfectNav stuff started happening. See, I've arranged my Favorites to my liking. I've got all the webcomics I read divided up into different folders based on update frequency (those which update seven days a week, those which update five, three, once, sporadically, etc.). It's a very effective method, since I have so many damn webcomics on my reading list; this way, I know what I need to read and when.

There are other links--most of them not webcomics--which are just out in the Favorites folder and not in any of these sub-folders I created. Every once in a while (more often now than before), a folder is randomly generated by IE (I assume) that is simply labelled "Links." It's an empty folder, but it's annoying me because it isn't...tidy, I guess (I'm a neat-freak with things like this. Not with a bunch of other stuff in my life--say, the condition of my apartment or doing the dishes--but in this, I am). This wasn't a big deal in the past, because the Links folder would maybe pop up once a month, or every couple of weeks at most. I'd delete it, and that'd be that. But now it's popping up virtually every time I open the Favorites folder, and this annoys me. I keep deleting it every time, and it keeps coming back. Last night alone (this isn't including the day), I had almost 30 of the damn things. I don't know if the PerfectNav thing is compounding my problem, or is completely unrelated, but it's really starting to annoy me.

So, yeah, if anyone knows what the hell is wrong here, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Counting Crows, "American Girls"

No comments: