Tuesday, July 27, 2004

"Take Your Straight Line For A Curve"

Just finished up "Peas," the short story I wrote for Adam and Monica for their (I think aborted) effort to create a b-film horror flick about a bag of mushy peas gone very, very bad.  You can find it over at the Live Journal in its entirety.  I think the ending came out pretty well, and I'm pleased with the way the story worked out overall.

On deck for the next short story is one of any half dozen I've got started all over the place.  I probably ought to work on that short story thing I'm doing for Vapor Lock (a story idea Adam had that he tossed my way and which I'm trying to adapt as a short story featuring his characters).  Or I might work on the new Steven Gloryhound story I started the other day that was moving along well.  Or maybe the story I started about the kid who finds the magical sword and goes off on an adventure, whether he wanted to or not.  Or I'd started a second "Everyman" story (the first one is still one of my favorite stories.  I'll probably post it at the LJ next).  Maybe something featuring my vampire hunter, Maxwell Shlumpf.  I dunno--there are so many possibilities.

Anyway, I still have to pack when I get home from work at 5.00.  That could make getting home in time for dinner tonight a toughie.  We'll just have to see how that goes.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Matchbox 20, "You Won't be Mine"

No comments: