Monday, July 05, 2004

"Given The Hopeless Nature Of Our Times"

In a similar vein to Adam's comic from last Thursday, I present the following note.

There are certainly some fashions which should not to attempted by folks of a rather...heavy bodyweight. Just because spandex can stretch that far doesn't mean it should. And just because they make something in your size, that does not mean you should wear it.

Though there is some question about whether or not it actually "fits" if you're bulging around the edges of the clothing.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, certain folks should not be allowed out in public without clothing; for instace, old and overweight men.

Now admittedly, I'm not the most physically attractive person in the world. I've got more gut than is necessarily desirable, and I'm out of shape and--not to put too fine a point on it--kinda fat. But I have the decency to wear a shirt in public, even if it's hot. I was subjected to a spectacle that no human being should have to endure on the 4th of July, though--old men without shirts. Wrinkly, rolling skin that could damn-near give its owner a black eye. And there were several men of this nature running around the park in Norman yesterday. It just ain't right, I'm telling you.

So, in closing, I beg you folks--think about things before you do them. If your body isn't fit for the human eye, keep your damn shirt on. I know I am.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Flaming Lips, "Thank You Jack White (for the Fiber-Optic Jesus you gave me)"

No comments: