Wednesday, July 14, 2004

"Come On, Rise Up"

It's 5.00 am, and I should be asleep. I'm not. I think stress is finally starting to kick in; a sort of fear is overtaking me and kick-starting my brain, making me do the things I should have done ages ago.

To put it another way--I'm finally starting to do some work on the second draft of the Thesis. Got the new introduction written, and it's significantly better, though it's still a little weak in places.

Tomorrow (well, later today), I'm going to finish all the grammatical corrections. Then I'm going to start going through the other books I checked out for research. I hope to have that done before I go to bed Wednesday night. I hope to have the second draft completed before I go to work Friday night at 5.00 pm. This may or may not be realistic, but I have got to get this thing done. If I have to have another draft of this paper after this one, with such extensive changes as this draft requires...I won't be able to get it done in time to have it finished for summer graduation. With me being gone for a week in early August, and then gone for a good part of the next week after that, I have to have this thing finished in just under two weeks. That includes defending it. That's not much time.

I should go try to get some sleep. I have work later this morning, and I'd like to get something done while I'm there.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Bruce Springsteen, "My City of Ruins"

No comments: