Thursday, July 08, 2004

"I Was Chewin' Gum For Something To Do"

Played racquetball today for the first time in a couple of years. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy that game. It's a good workout, entertaining, and you leave feeling like you've accomplished something (even if that something is having bashed a small rubber ball against a wall repeatedly). It's also kinda theraputic (see comment about bashing the ball). Dom's not real good yet, but then again, this was his first time to play. I'm sure by the end of the summer, he'll probably be able to beat me, 'cause I'm not really that good.

Pretty quiet day today. Been sitting here at work, bored out of my mind. Almost left at 7.00 because I didn't realize it was only 7.00. I had my bag packed and ready to go, and then glanced up at the clock and realized I still had an hour to go. I may duck out early anyway, just because I don't feel like sitting here by myself for another half an hour, and I doubt very seriously that anyone will show up.

Talked to Beth briefly today. She's doing well, it sounds like, and will be heading to the youth camp she always works at during the summer for a couple of weeks this weekend. She sounds excited, and is apparently glad to be getting the hell out of home for awhile, a sentiment I can easily understand.

I'm starting to try to figure out the logistical issues with the trips I'm taking at the end of the summer. I'm going to have to come up with the money not only for August's rent, but for gas to get me to Arkansas and back, to Florida and back, for food while I'm in Arkansas and on the way to and from Florida (I'm hoping to convince various friends to cook for me some while I'm in AR, and we're going to try to do the picnic thing my family always does on the trip to Florida), two wedding presents, lodging on the way back from Florida (there's no way I can drive for 18 hours straight by myself), etc. We also still need to figure out a route for the Florida trip, though I think Dom's already started looking at that.

Tomorrow is payday, thank goodness. At least this one's a decent check, and I'll be able to deposit over $100 tomorrow (it's sad that I think of that as a "decent check." I really need more hours). Tomorrow is also when I'm going to have lunch with Audrey, an old friend from Ozarks who also happens to attend OU (about three or four of us ended up here by chance and coincidence, oddly enough. It's a small world after all).

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "I'm a Wheel"

No comments: