Thursday, July 22, 2004

"Set 'Em Up And Let 'Em Fall"

So Wendy tells me that she found out she got hired on as the new drama teacher at Fairfax High School in Fairfax, VA.  She starts in September, but her training starts August 26th.  Her current job ends August 24th.  The point to all this is that she doesn't get to come visit Oklahoma in August like she was planning to do.

The other point is that now she owes me a trip to Cancun.

See, we made a bet a year or two ago that the first one of us to get a teaching job (regardless of the level) would take the other to Cancun.  So now she gets to take me.  Of course, it'll be a while, because she'll need to save up money and she wants me to bring a girl along (since she'll be bringing her boyfriend Tim).  It'll probably take me longer to find a girlfriend than it'll take Wen to save up the money for the trip, but that's okay.

Still waiting to hear back from Ferguson on my car.  I'd like it if they'd let me know within the next hour or so, so I can get the car before I'm supposed to be at Everett's.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Pink Floyd and Van Morrison, "Comfortably Numb (Live)"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chuck, where's your confidence? Keep that attitude and you might as well sign yourself off to a monastery. Obviously, you've learned nothing from our many late night talks. *tsk, tsk*


Melissa