Friday, July 16, 2004

"Something In My Veins Bloodier Than Blood"
 
So the anger I had at my window being smashed in is now a searing, blinding, white-hot rage.  I've calmed down a little over the past couple of hours since I came to work, but not much.
 
Why am I so pissed?  I found out how much they want to replace that little window: $430.
 
Yeah, that's right: $430.  For a window about half a foot by two feet in size.
 
I don't know who it was who smashed my window.  I don't know why the did it--probably just for a lark, or to be destructive and malicious.  Frankly,  I don't really care why they did it.  What I care about is that because of their callousness, because of their disrespect for other people and other people's property, I now have to shell out nearly $500 to get a little fucking window replaced.  The sheer absurdity of this--that I, as a victim of random vandalism, now have to pay for being a vicitim--pisses me off so much, I can hardly see straight.  I've accomplished nothing today because of all this.  I hold that nameless stranger responsible for all of this, and I hope that if he or she is caught, I get a chance to prosecute them.  Because I damn well didn't have the money to pay for this right now, but I'm sure as hell not just going to leave a gaping hole in my window like that.
 
On top of all that, there's a chance of rain tonight and tomorrow.  Reality's just trying to shit on my parade today, you know?
 
~chuck
 
Song of the Moment: Wilco, "In a Future Age"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Chuck. :O(


Melissa