Thursday, July 22, 2004

"Have You Really Changed That Much Since School?"

Well, for rather annoying reasons, I was unable to pick up my car this afternoon, despite the fact that it was completed right about the time I figured it would be.

See, I was going to just ask Dom if he could give me a ride over there.  But when I called him up, he was taking Jess to an eye doctor's appointment, and thus couldn't oblige me.

Next I tried calling Audrey, 'cause I knew she had a car.  She wasn't home.

So the only other person I know is Ev, and he doesn't have a car.  But a friend of his had a car, a friend who happened to be coming over to Ev's place this afternoon, same as me.  His friend (Kevin) agreees to take me.  Unfortunately, we spent too much time piddling and chatting at Ev's, so when we tried to go get the car, we had the joy of watching the last guy drive away from the body shop after they'd closed for the day.  So I'll just have to see if Dom can take me in the morning, I guess.  It's not a big deal so much as it's an annoyance and an inconvenience.

I've also spent most of the evening napping, a habit I don't like engaging in.  The problem with napping that late in the day (we're talking 6.30 to 8.30 or so) is that I'm now not going to be tired enough to go to bed at a reasonable hour tonight.  Ugh.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Sheryl Crow, "Members Only"

No comments: