Monday, July 12, 2004

"I Stood Up And I Said Yeah!"

I'm already ready to go home already. Work's pretty quiet, though we do actually have a student in here(!), something that's a rare occurance during the summer.

Part of me is wanting to go play racquetball (an activity which would require getting ahold of Dom and Dom actually wanting to play as well). Another part of me just wants to go collapse in the apartment and sleep for a couple of days (I didn't get much sleep over the weekend because...well, because Scott doesn't know how to go to bed before dawn, and I had to wake up relatively early both days I was home). All of me is just tired of sitting in this damned room.

Oh, I picked up the Flaming Lips album The Soft Bulletin. It's a great set, filled with the sort of good stuff you expect from the Flaming Lips--quirky rhythms and instrumentation, cryptic and surreal lyrics, and a throaty yelp for vocals by Wayne Coyne. Good stuff, and highly recommended. Tomorrow, Mutual Admiration Society--a collaboration between Glen Phillips (formerly of Toad the Wet Sprocket) and Nickel Creek--is released, and I'm looking forward to that disc (it was recorded three or four years ago, but they couldn't release it because of record company crap. Highly anticipated in certain circles). So that's exciting.

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Flaming Lips, "Race for the Prize"

No comments: