Monday, July 19, 2004

"Finding More Than One Wind Blows"
 
I got eleven freakin' hours of sleep last night.
 
Yeah, eleven.  I haven't gotten eleven hours of sleep in the previous week.  But I got back from my aunt and uncle's place yesterday evening, piddled around for a couple of hours, and then did some reading.  I was sitting in bed, reading my book, and I start to feel tired.  I look over at the clock, which reads 11.00 pm.  I think, "y'know, there's really nothing keeping me awake.  The Master's Thesis has been sent to my committee, so I don't have to stay awake all night working on it.  I could go ahead and go to sleep..."
 
So I did.  God, it was glorious!
 
Also found out that the cost of having my window won't be quite as bad as I originally thought.  Turns out the guy I talked to at the glass place on Main Street is a moron and confused the window I needed with one that opens or whatever.  Yeah, the cost of replacing my window with the correct item is something closer to $225--still kinda expensive, but a good $200 cheaper than what the moron thought it'd be.
 
So yeah, it's been a pretty good day.  Anyway, I'm off to do some writing.  Maybe I can make some headway on "Peas."
 
~chuck
 
Song of the Moment: Toad the Wet Sprocket, "One Little Girl"

No comments: