Saturday, July 24, 2004

"Pay No Mind To It"

Went and saw The Chronicles of Riddick last night at the cheap theatre.  It was your typical summer blockbuster/special CGI effects extravaganza, and about what I expected.  Was worth the $1.50 I paid, but I don't think I'd have paid full price for it. It had the same spirit as Pitch Black, but wasn't nearly as neat as that movie.  Some of the CGI was too obviously CGI, but that's what you expect out of a flick like this.  It's a good popcorn movie, and would probably be worth a rental if you're in the mood for Vin Diesel.

It's really...cool outside today.  The temperature dropped pretty good yesterday afternoon when I went to go get my car out of the shop, mostly because it started pouring down rain.  Even with my umberella (which I realized I left in Dom's truck), I was still pretty soggy just walking from my apartment door to his truck.  But it did cool things off, and today's simply continued that trend.  It's in the mid-70s out there, with a slight breeze, and about 80% humidity, so it feels a bit thick.  But still, it's nice, if a bit too cloudy for my tastes.  See, when it's cloudy, I tend to not want to get out of bed.  That was the case today, as I didn't drag my sorry butt out of bed until 3.00 pm.

So I figured I need to draw a total of six comics before Tuesday so I have enough done for the coming weeks while I'm gone.  I've got one done so far, and only a couple of days left to do the other five.  But I've got the next several comics scripted out already, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle getting the five done...I hope.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Dandy Warhols, "Minnesoter"

No comments: