Friday, July 02, 2004

"If You've Gots The Poison, I've Gots The Remedy"

I talked with Clif on the phone this evening. He sounds like he's having a blast in Colorado this summer, what with hiking and the people he's met and whatnot. Part of me really wishes I was there, and another, smaller part of me is glad I'm not, because I don't know if I could handle another summer living with Clif. It's hard on a person, believe me...not to mention the fact that here in Oklahoma, I can sleep in past sunrise.

Clif mentioned during our conversation that there was a mountain nearby that had an 18 mile trail on it. The trail starts at something like eight or nine thousand feet and ends up around 14,000. As Clif is mentioning this, I say, "Oh, 18 miles should be easy for you to hike. We did that back in Yellowstone." His reply was: "Hike? No, we're gonna run up the mountain."

This has me a bit non-plussed. "Run?"

"Yeah. I mean, we'll have to slow down a bit when we get the snow, but that's okay."

Keep in mind that said snow is currently probably about as tall as I am in some places near the top. I think this is a good argument for the case against my brother still being sane.

This sort of thing will be worked into a comic somehow during the course of the summer. I'd be amiss in my duties as a cartoonist and a humorist to not do so, especially since I'm still right in the middle of the Yellowstone Saga, which is a semi-ficticious account of Clif and I's summer in Yellowstone National Park. Only half that stuff's made up (mostly the stuff with the archangel and...well, really, that's about it).

~chaos cricket

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "Jesus Etc."

No comments: