Saturday, July 17, 2004

"She'll Take What You Give Her, As Long As It's Free"
 
Progress note on the Thesis: ran into a bit of a slow-down this afternoon after I finally got all my research notes typed out--I remembered that my advisor wanted me to include some stuff from a primary source I'd mentioned through a different primary source (a primary source quoting/arguing with another primary source...wee.  He wanted what the original said, so as to know the guy I was quoting wasn't just making shit up, as it were).  Well, they had the document on microfilm over at the library.  Wonderful--that means I can get it.  But there was a snag--in order to get a copy of it, I needed some cash to get photocopies, and I had none.  So I had to run to Wal-Mart to get some money (and some batteries for my discman).  Then I had to go somewhere to break the twenty, 'cause there was no way I was gonna put that whole thing on my ID for photocopying and stuff.  So anyway, I was up against a deadline, 'cause I realized I needed to do this around 4.30, and the library closed at 6.00 today.  So I rushed--and made it.  Got my money, got my source, and I'm going over it now to figure out what to include.
 
Well, back to the grind.
 
~chuck
 
Song of the Moment: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, "Built to Last"

No comments: