Sunday, January 30, 2005

"You Were Made To Go Out And Get Her"

I am craving donuts. And not just any donuts--I am craving donuts from the Daylight Donut Shop in Shawnee, OK, the donut shop my family has frequented for almost a quarter of a century (we've been going there since we moved to Shawnee, which we did when I was a year old or so...almost 24 years ago, then, since I'm about to turn 25). We're practically members of the family that runs the place, and mom tends to help them run the place when they're really busy. They used to make us giant birthday donuts (huge donut of your choice--enough to feed the entire family and then some, plus a specialty donut of the birthday boy's choice in the center). They love us there, and we love them...and their donuts.

The worst part of the craving is that the only way for me to get donuts is to go to Shawnee very early one morning before work and grab some, and that is not really a feasible plan. Should've had dad bring me some when he came over yesterday.

In other news, I've already been awake for an hour, and it's not yet noon. I got up at a reasonable hour in the morning on a Sunday, when I'm not scheduled to work until 2.00 in the afternoon. I don't rightly know how this happened. I do know I'm feeling well-rested, which is a nice change of pace from my usual "so worn out I can barely stand" state of being. Next week, I'm hoping to make the "well-rested" feeling more ubiquitous. For that to be the norm rather than the exception...a man would give up a full cycle of life for that feeling. A grad student would, anyway.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Beatles, "Hey Jude"

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

mmm...donuts. [/homer]