Friday, January 21, 2005

"My Heart's In The Highlands"

Today is payday...which would be all well and good if my paycheck were going to be even halfway decent. But it covers a pair of weeks when I was gone or only working a minimal number of hours, so we're talking less than $200 here. On the positive side, my next paycheck will be fairly decent and probably include my pay raise.

Practiced the guitar for awhile last night. I'd forgotten how tender this makes the fingertips until one grows callouses. Note to self: get the fingers hardened against such pain as soon as possible. Easiest way to manage this: practice the guitar even more.

I can play a great G. I can even manage a passably convincing D. My C needs a little work, but such is the nature of things. I am not even attempting those fancier chords yet. Let me get the three basics down. Then I can play like half the songs in existence.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Highlands"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

You can be all like "What's up G?"

Chuck Cottrell said...

Dude, Monkey, I don't even know you anymore, man.