Monday, January 17, 2005

"Like A Goldfish In A Bowl"

So while I'm really enjoying the original Final Fantasy via the Dawn of Souls GBA version, I have to admit that the dungeon I'm currently wandering through is starting to annoy me just a mite. See, you have random encounters, right? A battle with random enemies every so often. It's how you gain experience and all. Big part of the game, right?

Yeah, well, in the dungeon I'm currently crawling through, I've literally had a random encounter every time I've taken a step. It's insane. On the positive side, hey, lots of experience and gold. On the negative side, it's gonna take forever to get through this damn place. Especially when I keep encountering the most common enemy in this place, the Hill Gigas. Takes an attack from both of my fighting party members (I have a warrior and a thief, my two attackers, and a white mage for healing and a black mage for nuking things) just to knock one of those guys down. I'd gotten used to everything falling to a single attack from either of them, or an attack from one of them and an attack from one of the mages (who do significantly less damage than the fighters because, hey, they do magic instead).

To call this "annoying as all hell" is to not do it justice, believe me.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: John Mellencamp, "Dance Naked"

No comments: