Sunday, January 23, 2005

"Turn Up Your Radio"

So I did something rather stupid last night.

I keep a little boombox stereo in my bedroom to listen to when I go to bed. I got into the habit of listening to music as I go to sleep years ago, and it's become so much a part of my sleeping process that I have a tough time sleeping without music. I also haul the thing to the doorway and turn it up fairly loud so I can listen to music when I shower (have I ever mentioned that I'm a music fanatic of the highest degree, that I have to have music playing as often as possible? Yeah). Well, given that I'm lazy, that means the stereo will often sit in my doorway from the time I get up until it's time to go to bed again, when I move it back to the nightstand. Anyway, last night, as I was getting ready to shower after getting back from the bar, I accidentally kicked the boombox. Thing is, the lid was open. I'd opened it to change CDs. And I kicked the lid. I broke the lid clean off the stereo.

Thankfully, it still works. I was able to get the lid back on, though it is permanently broken now and I have no way of fixing it. But if I'm careful when I open the lid, it'll stay on. I just feel awful clumsy is all. Worst part is, I did this while completely sober and wide awake--I hadn't had anything to drink at the bar, and I'd only been awake since about 1.30 yesterday afternoon (so not even 12 hours by that point).

But yeah. I felt kinda stupid when I did that. Such is life, though.

Today, I've already managed to get some stuff accomplished (including a bizarre dream where I became the replacement drummer for my uncle's band and had to learn to play the drums as we went along. Apparently ended up doing pretty well, because a girl from a class I was in--a class I was attending in the dream, and a girl who doesn't actually exist but did in the dream--thought I was wonderful. Weird), mostly figuring out how to finish up the Succubus Saga in Crooked Halo (I swear, changing up the original storyline has been useful, but it's caused as many problems as it's fixed along the way). I like what I came up with, it adds some character depth and character tension (and with the female characters, which is surprising for me--I don't use the two females nearly as often as I need to). And I'm almost done writing out the story (another comic script or two should do it. Admittedly, the scripts are about three weeks ahead of the actual comic, but that's good).

Well, off to shower. Gotta go to work in about an hour.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Clean-Cut Kid"

No comments: