Sunday, January 23, 2005

"Tight Connection To My Heart"

Just got back from hearing my uncle play. Didn't say the whole show tonight because I have a full day of work tomorrow. But that's just as well--I had a woman my mother's age hitting on me at the bar, which is usually a sign that (1) the women have had too much to drink and (2) it's time for me to make a quick, stealthy exit.

Picked up Bob Dylan's Empire Burlesque this evening, and I think it's pretty decent so far. A little too of its time (1985, which gives you an indication of why this is a problem), but it's a pretty solid record. More thoughts on that later.

The big problem, though, is that I am really running out of good Dylan albums to get, and I still want more Dylan. I'm fearful, because I'm starting to think, "y'know, maybe I should give his reborn Christian albums a shot. I mean, how bad could they be?" And I know the answer is "really bad," just from what little I've heard and read. And yet...there's that urge to get them anyway, because hey, it's Dylan, and he always puts at least something worthwhile on each of his records. I should probably convince someone to sit on my head until the urge passes.

The problem with that is that I'll probably find too many takers and have to choose one. Such is luck. Anyway, I smell of cigarette smoke (ugh), so I'm off for a shower.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "I'll Remember You"

No comments: