Saturday, January 29, 2005

"Does The Morning Brightness Burn Your Eyes?"

It's 3.00 am, and I just got out of the shower. Kinda needed one, since I ended up going to hear my uncle play this past evening after all.

I called my aunt late in the afternoon to tell her I probably wasn't going to make it to the show, but she mentioned that it might possibly be the last Regular Joes show (which later proved to be not quite true), so I decided I'd come out and hear one or two sets. Well, after sitting through the first two sets, I figured I might as well stay for the third and final set, especially since my uncle said he'd play my favorite Regular Joes songs ("Restless" and my all-time favorite, "Babylon Last Night"). So I got in about half an hour ago, and now I no longer smell of cigarette smoke.

The show was good. My uncle was absolutely on fire tonight, and his leads were phenomenal. I'm glad I went. Hearing him solo on "Voodoo Cadillac Blues" and "Babylon Last Night" alone made the trip to Yukon worth it.

I know it seemed as though my other blog-type thing was dormant and nigh defunct, but I have in fact updated this week with the lyrics to another new song. I have plans of actually updating the thing with some regularity in the coming weeks and months, as I have a handful of decent songs to share and a short story or three in the works (a couple of which I actually quite like). So feel free to head on over there, check 'em out, and leave a comment or something.

Anyway, off for bed. Need a good night's sleep, 'cause tomorrow (or today, whatever) is 1964.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Regular Joes, "Babylon Last Night"

No comments: