Tuesday, January 04, 2005

"An Old Book In Rainy Weather"

God I was exhausted last night. I dozed off around 7.00 pm or so, woke up around 9.00 from the nap, and drug myself to bed at 9.30. I actually went to bed at 9.30 at night, like I was 12 years old again or something. And I woke up this morning at 7.15 and still looked like hell. My eyes have these wonderful black areas under them that I really can't describe well. It's like I had a pair of black eyes, only the only part that bruised was under the eye. It's bizarre.

It's an exceptionally dreary day today. After all the beautiful weather we had between Christmas and New Year's, it's now in the upper 30's, rainy, and gray. Very gray. It was barely light outside when I left for work at 8.00 this morning. It was still pitch black when I woke up, and that really doesn't bode well psychologically speaking.

Anyway, the Orange Bowl is tonight--OU's big game, the chance to prove the school's football team is better than the other guy. Whatever. I'm not even sure I care enough to watch it. Part of me feels obligated to, since I know so many of these guys, but another part of me is saying, "yeah, but do you really want to watch it? And on your TV, which always picks up stations real fuzzy? Is it really worth it?" To which I think, "probably not."

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Sting, "Valpariso"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Chuck. I feel for ya. Anyway some of the teachers at school were talking about the game today at lunch. I thought of you then and giggled to myself cause I know how much you love those OU games.

Mel

Anonymous said...

You went to sleep at 7 AM? Why'd you go to sleep so early? ;)

Chuck Cottrell said...

PM. Not AM. And I was dead tired from a friend visiting until the wee hours of the morning the night before.