Friday, January 28, 2005

"Are You A Hypnotist??"

I was at Wal-Mart earlier this evening, picking up some sinus medicine (thinking maybe I could get my sinuses clear so I can actually breathe tomorrow), and as I'm walking towards the pharmacy section, this young lady (she couldn't have been more than 18) with piercings and such suddenly turned to me and asked, bold as you please, "Hi, how are you doing today?" She wasn't an employee or anything, just a random person, probably a high school student, probably trying to throw me off balance for a giggle. But, much to her surprise, I responded back in kind. I think there was a hint of admiration in her glance after that, and then she turned down a different aisle with her two friends, giggling, and I wandered off to find my medication.

Guess I still have a few surprises in me, even when I'm not feeling particularly well.

I'm starting to think I may not make it to hear my uncle play tomorrow night. As much as I want to hear him, I don't think sitting in a smokey bar with my current breathing problems and drainage issues is a particularly smart move, especially since I really want to be well enough to enjoy 1964 Saturday with dad. We'll just have to see how I feel tomorrow.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: The Beatles, "Yes It Is"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

And thus Chuck learns the true path to getting chicks...

Sick is Sexy.

Anonymous said...

Seriously? 'Cause I never get sick. Crap. Guess I doomed to be single forever. ...stupid overactive immune system... :-p

-Dav-