Sunday, January 02, 2005

"If God Will Send His Angels"

A little over a year ago, Ping and I were batting back and forth an idea we found rather amusing. See, we hypothesized that one of her characters, Juno, was actually an ex-boy band member. Then I went and did the Boy Band series, where Earl and Clyde joined a boy band (only to ultimately destroy it...much to the joy of music fans everywhere). Anyway, after that, I did a follow-up series--Boy Banders Anonymous. In that series, I borrowed Juno for a bit, expanding on that idea of Juno as a former boy band member. Anyway, as a result of all this, Ping and I thought it'd be funny if we had Juno dress up as Earl. Don't ask me how we ended up coming up with this stuff. It just happened.

Anyway, she finally did it. I got a good giggle out of that.

Picked up Jess & Dom from the airport this morning...well, eventually. Their luggage apparently decided not to make the trip with them, so we stood around for close to an hour waiting on it. Then we had a little talk with the folks from Delta, and apparently the luggage didn't make it onto the same connecting flight as Jess & Dom had. So Delta will be delivering their luggage sometime this afternoon, which is good.

I hadn't noticed it before they left, but Jess (who is, I think I've mentioned, pregnant) is really starting to show. She's about 3 1/2-4 months along, so I guess it's about the right time for her to be showing, but I didn't think she'd looked that pregnant before they left a week and a half ago. But Jess says it seems even to her like she's only started to really show in the past three or four days. Something about the clothes she was wearing, we guess.

Man, hard to believe they'll be having a baby this summer. I wonder if they'll let me corrupt...I mean educate the child.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, "Straight Into Darkness"

No comments: