Tuesday, January 04, 2005

"To Play Tackle Football"

So I'm listening to the OU/USC game on the radio. USC is absolutely punishing the Sooners. Southern Cal is scoring on virtually every possession, OU's quarterback has thrown two interceptions, and USC can apparently do no wrong. Every single play they run works, often with big results (they just got done with a four play, 79 yard drive). It's almost halftime, which Oklahoma really needs for a chance to regroup and get their heads back on straight.

Really kinda depressing, y'know? I'd expect a close game, not a blowout like we're currently looking at (35-10, USC). And apparently OU has just fumbled the ball, and USC recovered. This is not the way this game ought to go at all, regardless of how much I like or dislike OU, football, or OU football.

Dunno if I'll listen to all of the game or not. There are lots of other things I could do instead...like finish reading Dylan's Chronicles, which I'm actually almost done with anyway.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Jack Johnson, "Mud Football"

No comments: