Friday, February 04, 2005

"Told That She Will Have To Take It"

Well, today was payday, which is actually Greek for "Chuck managed to get hold of a little cash and proceeded to spend more of it than he should." Though my paycheck was rather more meager than I anticipated, I still had a decent amount, and I got a little cash to splurg.

First and foremost, I finally found that Toad the Wet Sprocket live album, Welcome Home, that I've been looking for over the past month. I'm listening to it right now, and it's great. I'll have one of them review-type thingies up for it later.

Also picked up the first volume of a new anime series, Samurai Champloo. It's directed by the guy who did Cowboy Bebop, only instead of bounty hunters in the future it's vagrant samauri in feudal Japan. And the music is apparently hip-hop (the DVD came with a soundtrack CD). So now I have a CD of hip-hop. Actually, I already owned three CDs of hip-hop, assuming that the Gorillaz count as hip-hop. It's very telling, though, that every single hip-hop CD I own is cartoon hip-hop. Very telling indeed.

Third, I grabbed the second book in the Bitterbynde Trilogy (the first being The Ill-Made Mute, which I've mentioned a few times), The Lady of the Sorrows. The Ill-Made Mute left off just when the narrative was picking up steam and getting really interesting, so I'm curious to see where the author takes it.

Anyway, a few friends should be en route as we speak, so I must be off. On a follow-up note, my knee is feeling much better, and I've almost got full range of motion back. It still twinges once in awhile, but it's nothing I can't tolerate. As long as I don't attempt to run a marathon anytime soon or anything, I ought to be okay. Oh, and check it out--I added character bios for Crooked Halo on Dim Bulb's About Page. Now you can tell who's who!

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Toad the Wet Sprocket, "All I Want (Live)"

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

Gorillaz...man...they need to make more music...