Tuesday, February 15, 2005

"Good Day Sunshine"

It's been a fairly busy day here at work. When I haven't been helping students with various stuff, I've been finishing up my editing on Clif's Senior Seminar paper or drawing tomorrow's comic.

I've actually reached a bit of a problem with the story for the comic, actually--I know a couple of things I need to do, but I'm not sure how to make them all that funny or how to tell them given the point of view I've established for the narrator (i.e., Simon). I mean, there's stuff that's revealed that Simon doesn't know (in fact, it sorta hinges on him not knowing), but it's kinda important to understand how the dynamic that exists in the comic works in the current time. That all sounds really vague, but there's really no other way to say what I'm trying to say.

Anyway, I need to figure out how to make the rest of the narrative work without falling back on cheap tricks and mediocre storytelling. The other problem is that I really don't know how to end the story. That's kind of a problem, really.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Billy Bragg & Wilco, "Secret of the Sea"

No comments: