Wednesday, February 16, 2005

"It's The Music That We Choose"

So I was puttering around the Rolling Stone Magazine website a bit ago, and noticed two tidbits that caught my attention and made me grin:

First, Bruce Springsteen has a new album coming out in April. Given that his last record, The Rising, was such a phenomenal album (and one which touched upon post-9/11 America in a way that most rockers could never manage), it'll be interesting to see how he's reacted to life in America in the two and a half years since.

The other tidbit--which was almost more exciting--is that the Gorillaz are finally going to release a new album in May. I loves me some Gorillaz. I mean, let's think about it--they released their self-titled in 2001, followed by the b-sides collection G-Sides in 2002 and the remix collection Laika Come Home that same year, it's been awhile since we saw fresh material from the animated hip-hoppers.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Gorillaz, "19-2000"

No comments: