Friday, February 18, 2005

"High Water Everywhere"

Well kids, it's finally Friday, and I have the Writing Center to myself this early morning. I knew my boss wasn't coming in today, but I keep forgetting that we've only got one consultant per shift on Fridays (so I have the morning, and Lindsay has the afternoon). Oh well. Only one appointment scheduled during my shift, and he's a pretty good kid, so I'm not worried.

Got my pay voucher this morning when I came into work, and damn does it look nice. Maxed out hours and my pay raise showed up on it. This makes me a happy Chuck.

Also called up Housing this morning. All I have to do to keep from getting kicked out of the apartment is to take a letter from my boss saying that, yes, I am an employee here. Just seems like an enormous hassle to me, but I guess I understand they can't just take my word for it. Damn bureaucracy. If this were Ozarks, this'd be much easier--I'd just call up the president of the university and ask him to help me out, 'cause he's a damn fine individual like that.

Anyway, after work I have to go pick up my paycheck, run a couple of errands (including grabbing a birthday cake for Ev), and get back to my apartment pronto for Ev's birthday party (we're having it at my place, 'cause I have a DVD player and more room). Should be an entertaining if low-key event, but that's fine by me.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Bob Dylan, "Bye and Bye"

No comments: