Wednesday, February 16, 2005

"So You Want To Be A Rock And Roll Star?"

Yesterday was a day of connecting with old friends. I got to speak with Amanda E. on the telephone and a couple of other Ozarks friends via the internet. It was good; I'd almost forgotten how much I like having my friends to talk to.

Also spent last night hanging out with Jess & Dom. They brought Sonic burgers and we watched The Neverending Story, which was much cooler when I was 10, I think. Still an interesting movie (and the idea of an "Ivory Tower" in connection with education and imagination had me in giggles), but you can tell it was made in the '80s. And by Germans, no less. Dear God, it's like the entire soundtrack was done by Kraftwerk.

Today's been kinda crappy, though. I accidentally overslept because I set my alarm for PM rather than AM, and only woke up because my aunt happened to call. So I was about an hour and a half late for work, which my boss doesn't mind too much but annoys the hell out of me. I like being on time, oddly enough. I may not be the most self-motivated or orderly person in the world, but my parents drilled into my head at an early age that it's better to be early to an appointment or engagement than late. Of course, having so many female friends, I've learned the exact opposite--if you show up early, they won't be ready. If you show up late, they won't be done, either, but at least you won't have to sit around thumb twiddling for as long.

Apparently we're going to start using some new computer program at work that analyzes students' papers and checks for plagiarism. On a whim, we decided to test the program by plugging my Master's Thesis into it. We did that like half an hour ago, and it still hasn't come up with the results. I think we confounded it by using my paper, since most of my sources are fairly esoteric (and none of 'em come from the internet! Booya!).

I'm ready for the day to be over. I have to do laundry tonight, lest I run out of shirts to wear, but I really don't want to have to do the crap. Ah well.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Cake, "Friend is a Four-Letter Word"

No comments: