Wednesday, February 02, 2005

"Disposable Dixie Cup Drinking"

I have to wonder--why, in representations of Hell such as Dante's Inferno and whatnot, does Hell possess a couple of rivers (the River Styx and the River REO Speedwagon, I think they were...or something like that, I dunno. They both sounded like '80s bands to me)? I mean, according to modern interpretations of Hell, isn't it some firey pit of dispair and eternal torment? Wouldn't rivers either (1) offer succor and relief to the damned or (2) evaporate like an Oklahoma river in August? Or are these special rivers that aren't really filled with water at all, but some sort of acidic substance with a ridiculously high boiling point?

Whatever the case, when I take over Hell, there will be some changes. First one will be Hawiian Shirt Fridays, because nothing lowers the morale of the damned quicker than forced joviality and casual dress imposed by the powers that be.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Wilco, "Sunken Treasure"

1 comment:

Noise Monkey said...

Fill this up with Coke, no ice.