Thursday, February 17, 2005

"If That's Movin' Up Then I'm Movin' Out"

So after waking up from my (too long) nap, I decided to go out and check the mail. To my surprise and slight concern, there was a letter in there from OU Housing. Now, I know my rent is paid in full, I don't owe any money to the university at the moment at all (which is bizarre and not something I'm used to).

Well, turns out my concern should've been more than slight--the letter was telling me that, since I'm no longer a student, I have to be out of the apartment by March 18.

So this has me worried and slightly pissed. I know staff and faculty are allowed to live in these apartments; Ev did it for about a year or so. And sure enough, part of the letter mentions that if I'm staff or faculty, I just need to call and get them to change their records. It just annoys me that I have to contend with this in the first place, or that they couldn't have phrased the letter better. But no, I don't expect logic from OU anymore (hell, that I expected logic from them in the first place is probably a sign of exceptional naivite).

Anyway, that just annoyed me. One more reason to get the hell out of here as soon as possible.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Billy Joel, "Anthony's Song (Movin' Out)"

3 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

Apparently someone's paycheck needed justification. You're just the vehicle for that...

Chuck Cottrell said...

Y'know, that would probably explain most of the problems I've encountered at OU...or it might imply that most of the folks working there aren't actually worth their paychecks.

Noise Monkey said...

The two are not mutually exclusive...