Wednesday, February 02, 2005

"It's A Sin To Be Fading Endlessly"

So we have a new employee now. Her name's Lindsay, and she's gonna be fun to have around, I can already tell. Today she came in for her training, such as it was, and we got a chance to test her out as far as compatability and such.

Oddly enough, she's from my hometown, Shawnee, though she went to a different high school than did I. She's also a music geek, and she not only recognized but actually liked all but one of the bands/musicians I named (she didn't know Moxy Früvous, but I didn't think she would. No one around here ever does). Craziness. She herself plays in a couple of bands and is apparently quite versatile, playing keyboards, accordian, and guitar. She's personable, intelligent, laughs, and is quite attractive. The fact that I think all this after meeting her once is probably a pretty clear sign that I'm smitten with a total stranger who probably wouldn't even think twice about turning me down. This is not unusual.

Beyond that, it's just been a fairly long day. Work this morning wasn't too hard, but I'm back again this evening and have to be here for another 5 1/2 hours. On top of that, my paycheck is about $100 smaller than I thought it would be and my pay raise wasn't on the paycheck like I was told it would be. Those are both very frustrating issues. And on top of even all that, there's more drama going here at work, drama we could do without. You know it's pretty bad when your boss--who has worked her job diligently and taken all sorts of flak and downright rude behavior from any number of people with a smile over those ten years--is talking about dusting off the ol' resume. God, I hope we all get out of here before next Fall.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Counting Crows, "Mercury"

2 comments:

Chuck Cottrell said...

Actually, found out she's a smoker, and that's just a wee bit of a turn-off (can't stand the idea of kissing an ashtray, as it were). So now I have a legitimate reason for not doing what I wasn't going to work up the courage to do anyway.

Noise Monkey said...

Bloody convenient, that...