Thursday, February 17, 2005

"Serendipity"

So while I was waiting for my laundry to dry last night, I decided to go to Sonic and grab a slush (I mean, no soda pop still, y'know? So I gotta drink something with a little flavor to it, and one could do a lot worse than a Sonic drink). Anyway, the girl brings my drink out to the car, and it turns out to be a friend of mine, Libbie Okey.

Now, I haven't seen her in almost a freakin' year. She's doing theatre at OU, which means she's pretty damn busy usually (she said she was in three shows last semester, which is like, damn). Add to that her job, and it's no small wonder I never saw the pint-sized vixen.

Anyway, we chatted for a few minutes (as long as she was able, considering that she was working and all), I got her phone numbers and days off, and I headed off to get my laundry. It was one of those completely random but very appreciated chance meetings, and it really put a wonderful spin on the day.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: David Gray, "Red Moon"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY you got the digits. Good for you. :-p

-Dav-

Noise Monkey said...

Remember...ya gotta wait at least 2 days...

Or you could freak out and call her fifteen times tonight. Like in Swingers. And that stupid commercial that totally ripped off Swingers.

Chuck Cottrell said...

Getting digits would be all well and good if this were someone who even had the slightest interest in dating me. But seeing as she's just an old friend from Ozarks who happened to start coming here about the same time I did, the real purpose of having her phone number is that we can now actually hang out...and maybe I can get those damn books she borrowed from me back.