Sunday, October 31, 2004

"I've Been Talking Drunken Gibberish"

Well, the situation I spoke of at length last night has been resolved. The guy emailed me back, apologized for the misunderstanding, and all's well.

Granted, he did have a point, in a way--taken completely out of context, the Apathy Party campaign ad does seem to be a dissuasive to people voting. That was never my intention, as the guy I was talking with apparently knew, but taken completely out of context--which I didn't imagine would happen--it does appear to be very negative in a lot of ways I never intended.

Guess this whole incident goes to show that how people interpret your work isn't necessarily going to be the way you thought they would or wanted them to.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: David Gray, "Say Hello Wave Goodbye"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

I'm not much for reactionary courses of action. I like looking at all sides of things and weighing out what I believe against the possible courses of action.

Granted, I usually lose interest about the same time as I come to a conclusion, but unless its a threat to something important to me, you'll rarely see me fly off the handle and say something with as little information as Chuck's guy had.

There's a lesson to be learned here. Dude and Dim Bulb could've had a mutually profitable relationship, but I, at least, would now be hesitant to make any sort of ties to him just because he made such a big deal about something stupid (the misunderstanding, not the comic).

Then again, it may've just been a guy bashing somebody a little higher on the ladder... If that's the case, I guess you should be flattered. I never get bashed.

Except by my Mom...'cause she's the only one that reads VL...

Chuck Cottrell said...

Eh, we both just blew things a wee bit out of proportion. I still wish he'd just said something to me instead of reacting like he did. But so it goes.