Wednesday, October 13, 2004

"They Call Me The Tumbling Dice"

I've decided I really enjoy my Medieval Italy class. The professor, Dr. Magnusson, keeps things interesting, informative, and entertaining (her descriptions of groups such as the Normans are particularly amusing). I find myself happy to attend class, even if it is at 8.30 in the freakin' morning. For someone who is not by natural inclination a morning person, that's saying a lot.

The new guy at work seems to be integrating pretty well. We all seem to get along with him, and he seems to get along with all of us. He's had a few lengthy conversations with Ev, which is sort of the litmus test. So far, the kid's surviving and getting on, so it looks like we done good.

Of course, as Ev has pointed out, the guy's still a little rough around the edges as far as his correction methods, but we're breaking him in still. I know it probably took a few weeks at least to get me up to snuff when I started, and I'd been doing that sort of thing all the time at Ozarks for four years.

I think I'm tired of being sick now. This low-level allergy/cold/congestion stuff I've had the past few weeks is about to drive me insane. All I really need is one shot of vodka--that'd clear my head up a treat. At least, it always has in the past.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Rolling Stones, "Tumbling Dice"

No comments: