Monday, October 25, 2004

"You Wreck Me Baby"

Tomorrow, I am going to the library. Tomorrow, I am picking up the last sources I need to finish my Master's Thesis. By week's end, I will have the Master's Thesis finished. I'm tired of having it hang over my head. I'm tired of not having it finished. Most of all, I'm tired of having to think about it. I'm ready to study something new.

Work seems to be dragging by tonight. I'm ready to be done and home. I'm ready to not be sitting here, twiddling my thumbs and thinking to myself, "I'm wasting my time here."

I think I got in trouble this evening. Ev and I were sitting in the Writing Center, chatting, and in comes a tour group led by our boss' boss, a man whom none of us like. The guy scowls and me and gestures for me to take my feet off the table (I had them propped up and was leaning back in my chair, acting very nonchalant and relaxed), then the tour comes in and he proceeds to talk about the Center (saying some stuff about what we do and the services we provide that was patently absurd and not at all correct). Anyway, I'm sure my boss will hear of my laxitude, and she'll have to scold me for it...and then I'll keep behaving the same way I always have, because we all know that I'm actually very competent at what I do and don't really care what people like this jerk think. Insubordination rocks.

I think I'm gonna watch Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom when I get home. I watched Raiders of the Lost Ark the other night, and now I want to continue the adventures. Of course, I may decide to sit at the computer and do nothing instead. It all depends on my desires when I get home.

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Pearl Jam, "Last Kiss"

No comments: