Friday, October 29, 2004

"Early One Morning The Sun Was Shining"

So I did not have a good morning. In fact, my morning lasted all of about 15 minutes, 'cause I didn't wake up until 11.45.

The annoying thing is that my alarm was set. I hadn't changed the time on it from the previous two mornings, when it was set for 6.30 am. But I never heard the damn thing go off this morning, if it even went off at all (I have my doubts on that...I'd have heard it at one point or another if it went off). Makes me think I should probably get a new alarm clock. I mean, I have had this one for over a decade, after all.

But it's annoying, because not only did I not make it to class (for the third time this semester...that's more classes in one semester than I missed from 1999 to last May), but I was a few minutes late for work, I didn't get a chance to pick up and deposit my paycheck before work (though I did go grab it while one of my coworkers was still here, so I can go deposit it right after work), and I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast or lunch or anything.

Yeah, it was a crappy morning.

Anyway, the rest of the day is gonna be busy. After work, I'm going to run over to the bank and deposit my paycheck post-haste, then back to the apartments to help Ev move (he was able to find a new place, thank goodness). After some moving, I'm going to clean up and drive to Yukon, where my uncle's band is playing tonight.

Tomorrow is shaping up to be just as busy. We've got to get the rest of Ev's stuff moved (well, most of it), then we're having a little Halloween party to kick the dust from our bones and relax a little. And of course, I've got work from 2-10 Saturday. Joy.

On the positive side, my lunch with Audrey was fun yesterday. We chatted about this and that, caught up with one another, had a good meal, and reminded ourselves that we need to hang out together more. Also found out from her that Libbie is, in fact, still around, despite rumors I'd heard through other folks that she maybe wasn't here at OU this semester. Guess that means I can track her down, too (and maybe finally get a couple of my books back from her).

~chuck

Song of the Moment: Rolling Stones, "Sweet Virginia"

2 comments:

Noise Monkey said...

At least your car didn't get broken into again...

Chuck Cottrell said...

True, true...I think I've had enough of that sort of crap.

Hey, since when did you start reading this thing so consistantly? Or at least posting a lot, anyway...